Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Remembering William "Sonny" Lea


The kind words and tributes continue to pour in on my memory of William "Sonny" Lea.
He is AC's "Mr. Basketball.
There will be special tributes during my radio shows "The Light" and my columns next week.
For those that would like to contribute their thoughts.
Contact Raymond Tyler at 609-431-0741 or TheAtlanticCityStory@Gmail.com

Here are some powerful memories and tributes from members of Atlantic City's City Council.


 Council President Marty Small
Former Mayor and Council Member Williams "Speedy" Marsh


Former Director Of Recreation Wilbur Banks


Kaleem Shabazz and Aaron Randolf





1 comment:

  1. Mr. Sonny Lea was my first and only Barber. I believe he looked forward to cutting my hair just about every 3 weeks because each hair cut I would get a different design cut into my hair. Numbers, arrows, lightning bolts, question mark, straight lines crooked lines, you name it he cut it in my hair. to this day, I have not trusted anyone else to cut my hair. It was later that I grew to understand his love and passion for basketball. He did a lot to help expose all the youth to the game of bball. He will truly be missed. Blessings to his family.

    ReplyDelete

6 SCARY BUT FUN MEMORIES THROUGH AC STORIES

A HALLOWEEN STORY! SATURDAY AFTERNOON'S WITH DR. SHOCK'S HORROR THEATER/MAD THEATER Saturday's in the 1970's we...