Monday, October 29, 2018

6 SCARY BUT FUN MEMORIES THROUGH AC STORIES


A HALLOWEEN STORY!


SATURDAY AFTERNOON'S WITH DR. SHOCK'S HORROR THEATER/MAD THEATER


Saturday's in the 1970's were the best ever.
Cartoons all morning.
Then Wrestling
Then KUNG FU
(Then you'd go outside and do fake Kung Fu with your crew...and 15 people that all yelled "I'm Bruce Lee!"
Then....
Dr. Shock on channel 17....
showing classic monster movies and having fun!




Halloween Costumes from Woolworth and Woolco



Woolworth and Woolco had the best costumes of the time.
The real truth was the scariest thing is if they didn't have your favorite costume.
My favorite costume from Woolco?
Planet Of The Apes!

The Ape Girl At The Million Dollar Pier

Typical story.
Man meets Woman.
Woman turns into a blood thirsty ape.
Well not so typical...especially since real apes don't eat flesh.
For the record...I was too scared to see this till youtube.





Louis Tussaud's Wax Museum


See this place scared me even with just the JFK statues much less the more gothic exhibits.
To date I have not visited any other wax museums since my dad took me here.
Still I wish we still had this.



 ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN

I watched Abbott and Costello every Sunday morning.
11am on Channel 11WPIX
and 11:30 am on Channel 17

Abbott and Costello Meets Frankenstein
is my favorite horror flick and ...just...this is Halloween to me.

I hope this little piece brought back some great memories!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN









No comments:

Post a Comment

6 SCARY BUT FUN MEMORIES THROUGH AC STORIES

A HALLOWEEN STORY! SATURDAY AFTERNOON'S WITH DR. SHOCK'S HORROR THEATER/MAD THEATER Saturday's in the 1970's we...